Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 25, 2012

Pigtails and Chuck Taylors.

I woke up this morning, Bananamow!
I got outta' bed. Bananamow!

I got dressed, snapped my hair into two perfect pigtails, put on a bit of mascara and eyeliner, threw on my favorite pair of shorts- past the fingertips of course, my favorite blue v-neck. and my navy chuck low tops. *sigh* I felt so comfortable in my own skin.

I finished clicking and shoving things into my suitcase then tied a pillowcase together in case things get jostled along the way and I seem to lose the blanket or the sheets that are tucked away in it as well.

I scampered downstairs and looked out the window; gloomy and blue. Promising for rain, 'Lord, please send rain. If not for anything but for the trees to be healthier- for to bring You glory!' I popped in some bread for the toaster, I made a fresh pot of coffee, knowing that I'd need it for my long day ahead. While my food was being prepared, I squished my fanny into a chair with Joey- our cat. He rolled over immediately and gave me that tummy he so loves to be squished and scratched. My toast popped. I played with the butter while buttering my toast, grabbed some coffee in the bright orange mug we have, opened the curtains to let in some natural light, and sat down at the table.

I sniffed in the air; the scent of this home, all of it's subtle nuances. I'd miss them. Even for a mere 5 days, I'll miss them. I'll miss Dad. I'll miss walking outside and talking to him about the sudden new plans he has for the garden or the shrubbery around the house. I'll miss Carrie. I'll miss waking up in the morning to her greetings, "Goo'morning Sunshine!", "Hey honeybuns!", "Hello there sweetheart!". I'll miss Sarah. I'll miss our walks in the evenings, or merely joining her on the porch late at night while she smokes.

I'll miss being home, but I want to see my friends. I want to sing worship songs, I want to read my bible. Granted: NONE of these things NEED to be done OUTSIDE of the house.

Just the same, I'm glad to be doing this. I don't want to use the saying, "I'm anxious to see what the Lord is going to do this week!" Because, He's ALWAYS doing something. He's ALWAYS working in our lives. Just because you go to church camp, it's practically mandatory that you read your bible and give a prayer request here and there, He'll use it because you're most likely listening.

But, one can feel the Holy Spirit at any given time; If you're listening.

I'm not always listening. I know that.
But, here we go: Another time to sing praise to Him for all of His amazing ways and works and affections and graces and kindnesses and sunshine filled morning greetings.

Here we go. I'm kind of really excited.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I love this. More please ? :) So happy I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Stella! Your words are encouraging!

    ReplyDelete