For the last few months, I haven't been myself. I don't know who I was being, but I now know that I feel free.
I've been avoiding the right decision for a while now because I would not only hurt myself but hurt others. I realize that the idea of me and the actual me are two VERY different things. I'm odd. I like Star Trek and love brain teasers. I hate screamo and find no artistic value in it. Mancala is an amazingly fun and simple game that I can and will kick your ass at. I love naps and haven't taken one in what feels like months. I love drinking tea during the evenings and have the 'old lady' mentality of sitting and staring at things and drifting off...
I like pop music. I'm not ashamed.
I love painting and drawing.
I like reading asinine teenage novels about spies, thieves, or traveling pants.
I love chuck taylors. (I liked them even before they were cool)... (I own 3 pairs)
I hate the word "Hot" as a compliment.
I can draw maps like no other.
I can carry a tune.
I love the Lord.
I really do enjoy spending time with my parents on a Friday night.
I'm pretty sure that my sister is my best friend.
I adore watching House and NCIS with my mom on a simple Monday evening.
British entertainment > American entertainment
I think that within the past few months, I've been denying the very fundamentally basic simplicities of my personality. I've been doing that because... I wanted to be different. I wanted to fit in, or be cool and aloof enough to be mysterious and intriguing. The farther down the path I went, the more I hated it. I'm not complex. I'm not boring. I'm me. I'm not going to change so that people will like me or boys will think I'm cool.
No.
I'm done walking down that road.
I'm going back. I'm running back to the beginning, but first... there's this fence I have to tear down before I can go back. I have to tear it down and be okay with it.
If I am myself- with all of my quirks that someone someday will revel in and LOVE- I can do it. The Lord is on my side. He's fighting with me. Be strong. Take heart. Sing a praise song full of joy. Be. Who the Lord created you to be.
Be Katie.

No comments:
Post a Comment