[Written for the sake of getting feelings out- not for making myself the victim]
This Christmas has been one of the worst. Not because "Wah Wah Wah!! I didn't get that version of new cool toy! or WAHH! My new iPod doesn't fit in my new iHome because they changed the adapter!! Wah Wah Wah!" This Christmas doesn't come close to being one of the best.
I stayed up most nights until about 5am trying to get gifts finished. I had planned on knitting my Step-Mom a cardigan. A few years past I had knit her a poncho that didn't fit her so I promised her I'd reuse the same perfect shade of red yarn to make her something else. So, I had planned on making her a cardigan. It should be noted that I never use patterns. EVER. I hate them. It might be because I don't understand them, but really I just like knitting and finding my own way. On Christmas eve, I had an event with my mom and some other family at her house yet I still had more than half of Carrie's cardigan to finish. But, I had to go. So I went. It was fun, the food was good, I received a gift card from my Memaw for Simon Malls- which is really great! Then we opened Christmas jammies with my mom like we do every year and I drove my big sister Sarah and I back home. We immediately sat down on our respective beds- mine a folded futon mattress on her floor and hers a twin bed covered in all manor or paper and sharpie markers for various projects- and started making again. We watched the Goofy Movies and then some chick flicks. Eventually I realized that my cardigan was awful. The back was too short and too long and it was about 2am on Christmas eve. So, I sighed and facepalmed and quickly added a few lined of ribbing to the ends of the sleeves and converted them into leg warmers. I thought it was 1/2 Christmas FAIL, 1/2 Christmas WIN.
I took a much needed shower and began feeling terrible. I felt cold and lightheaded and I woke up at about 4am with a coughing fit. I took nighttime cold medicine and fell asleep on the couch. I then awoke around 7am and then Christmas gifts happened. Everyone opened their gifts and it was great! I got several gifts that are very special and my parents got me an iPod touch 5th generation, which is the only thing I asked them for.
Day after day, my sickness got worse and worse.
My Sister Danielle and brother-in-law Daniel came in from Minnesota for a few weeks so that they could spend Christmas with us. We hadn't seen then since March so it was long-overdue. But since my sickness kept getting worse, I missed out on their visit. And since I have Strep Throat, I'm contagious. So, no one wants to be in the same room as me. No one wants me to touch anything or do anything which makes me both very sad and lonely as well as a bit angry. But, alas after visiting the doctor and getting antibiotics, I've been feeling better. Though... still lonely. I can't even get my own applejuice because no one really wants me up doing anything and NO ONE wants to get sick- which I understand. But I can't really do anything and I feel terrible interrupting people so that I can have a cup of tea, or a bowl of soup, now that I actually feel like swallowing. But, soon enough I'll be all better and I'll be able to frolic in the snow, go post-Christmas shopping with all my monies and giftcards, or be generally festive. But, geez. What a crapfest to have to be sick for 2 weeks straight.

Ick, that stinks! I'm so sorry girl. Last year I had the flu a few days before Christmas and was so relieved when I was better Christmas Eve night. BUT my sister woke up on Christmas barfing, so we had to postpone all of our celebrations.
ReplyDeleteChristmas + Sick = major suckfest. Glad you are better now though!!! :)