So, after reading a friend's post about a JUNE CHALLENGE to make our words count, I now realize that I think about whether I sincerely LOVE something.
I love waffles.
I love my Dad.
I wouldn't die for waffles.
I'd die for my Dad.
If you really love something, would you die for it?
Would you die for your precious iPhone?
If Yes: You're idiotic. You have poor logic and it's obvious you take many things for granted.
If No: Good, we can still be friends.
Instead of saying, "I love that show!" I've become accustomed to saying "I adore that show!" Adoration is not the same as Lurve. Instead of saying, "I really hate the fact that that fat chick over there smells funky..."- I'd say, "I highly dislike and am annoyed by the fact that that grotesquely obese woman over smells like a dumpster." *shrug* It's not hard to have intent behind what you say.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note: I recently realized that hanging out with boys rather than girls is of a completely different world. You can make inappropriate jokes and get laughs rather than wide eyes and disapproving gasps of "KATIE!" It's a completely different experience. It's more or less like this: I no longer feel like the most non-feminine person in the group. Which I feel when in a group of very flowery group of serious girls...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Pee Break* *Flush*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kay. Also. I realized that ALL my posts are the same. Something about tea- I drink it quite often, some kind of 'trying to be poetic' crap that ends up making me sound like a cliche wannabe know-it-all; the very thing I highly dislike about reading other peoples blogs... I was wondering the other day when I'd see another interesting blog post from a friend. I've not seen any new posts in quite a long time. It was disappointing. Then I realized that most of my friends don't blog for the heck of it, out of the blue. They blog when they have something actually interesting and worth telling happen in their lives. I understand now.
All my blog posts are the same. They all look and wiggle alike. They're worms. Not even worthy of a second reading by me. So. Here is where I lift my imaginary glass of non-alcoholic liquid and vow
"I will make my blog posts count for something other than cliche teenage whiny life crap. I will never write a post at the same time I have a mug of tea. I will never blog just to blog. I will say the things that I think need said to myself of any other imaginary person. There. I'm done. Cheers"
And this is where you take a sip of an imaginary water glass. (Though if it's imaginary, I'm drinking delicious alcoholic Port.- not that I've ever had it. *shifts eyes*)
I'm totally content. Blogs are good. Real wording is good. Potentially poetic crap is no good.
Pie is also good.

I'm glad you liked my post :)
ReplyDeleteThings I adore about this post:
ReplyDelete1) You used the term 'lurve'. (I knew that I liked you. :)
2) This is real. <--- That's what I love about your writing... It's so honest and sincere.
And for the record, I have thouroughly enjoyed reading every single one of your posts. :)
Thank you Abby for saying those kind sincere words. ;)
ReplyDeleteI like this. A lot. Mostly because it's just honest.
ReplyDeleteThanks. That's encouraging coming from you. :)
ReplyDelete