Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Home:

I love everything about this house.
I love the voices that welcome me home when I stole in the door from a long day of classes.
I love the delicious food that my Step-Mom makes.
I love when my Dad does Chicken puppet commercials and he starts recording his voice- loud enough for it to echo throughout the whole house.
I love when one person sings a song and the rest follow- in harmony.
I love when we sit to watch a movie together.
I love our squishy nest of a couch.
I love that when someone puts in LOTR, we all squeeze together to marvel in its genius.
I love when my Dad finishes a project, we 4 huddle into his cluttered office and marvel at HIS genius.
I love that when my step-mom makes me a new dress I have to walk about the house and show everyone her brilliant craftsmanship. 
I love being home with Sarah and turning up music as we both dance and sing along.
I love when my Dad pulls down his guitar off the wall and plays "Blackbird" or any Led Zeppelin.
I love when the cats become part of our conversations, Mewing their responses.
I love when the windows are open and the wind chimes tink and plink.
I love that when someone makes coffee, we ALL drink it.
I love making ornaments at Christmas time all sitting around the dining room table with sculpy under our fingernails and paint on our palms.
I love when we walk a few blocks down and chalk a 4-SQUARE court in an empty parking lot and play for hours.
I love when we all laugh.
I love that in the mornings, Dad, Carrie and I start the day in prayer.
I love that we're together and I get to spend everyday with these wonderful people.



4 comments:

  1. Would that by any chance be Blackbird by Alter Bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Andy: NO. The Beatles.

    @ 'Abby' Thanks. I had a moment this morning of being overwhelmed with appreciation of my blessings that I wept like a child... this is the result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fantastic. love it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete