Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 21, 2012

My Room.

When you see someone's room, you surely learn a lot about their mannerisms and quirks that could diagnose them with OCD.
I love my bookcases. (I say that and not bookshelves) I fill them with my books and movies. My old Mohawked piggy bank filled with dirty pennies, now turquoise from age, sits on the top. It has befriended my Dinosaur Erasers. T'would be BLASPHEMOUS to use them as erasers! So, they sit on their perch.
My billboard is filled with little nonsensical papers from friends and drawn in moments of ultimate inspiration coupled with boredom. Little robots I've drawn, monster bookmarks that Danielle made me for Christmas, Origami butterflies, and... my driving log only 1/2 way filled.

I love that if people came into my room and inspected it, they would know how much I loved London (Which reminds me- I left my double-decker necklace at my grandma's. I NEED to get that back), or they would know that I loved Sherlock and Dr. Who. They'd know what movies i've seen recently- I keep my movie stubs and make collages. They would know that I love drawing odd little things...

My bed. Perfectly squishy and sized. Yellow comforter with a slew of big pillows that Carrie has made me over the years.  I remember the first night I slept in it. I practically drenched the pillows in happy-tears. It was my 16 birthday and I had only planned to come home and see a yellow room, I knew THAT was happening. I helped them paint it. But, I was NOT prepared for a new bed, new covers, new lamp, new night stand, new bookcase, new curtains, new dresser, and a vase filled with yellow roses and other lovely flowers. I still have one yellow rose saved, un-pressed. It doesn't have it's life in color, but it has it's life in my memory.



Aw. Joey. <3


Joey comes up and purrs himself in a warm fluffy ball of cat. He's just freakin' adorable. :)
 He lays next to me while I do my work. He practically snores, which is a distraction because it's completely adorable.

I have a mobile that my Grandma gave me about 5 years ago and I've kept it ever since. It tinks and plinks little notes that comfort me. Little strung together smiling sunshines. It was the first thine in this room when we moved in. My dad hung it on the top of my window. It's coupled perfectly with the actual sun that shines in through that front window.

I have little creatures in my room that have their individual stories of existence. Like Senior Freshington, my stuffed turtle. My mom brought him over on my first day of highschool year. She said it was kind of a present. I said, "Well thanks, kindof!" ;) I remember one night I sat him on top of my lamp, then I wanted to read before I went to sleep. I turned off the lamp and then I woke up in the morning and the bottom of my turtle's stomach was melted on the inside; all the beads had melted together into this hard glob of stomach. Right. Moral of the story: Don't melt your toys.
He sits and guards my mailbox filled with the blank canvased stationary.

Recently, I was inspired by my friend Lexi. She has a HUGE picture wall filled with adorable pictures of she and her friends or she and her sister in London! I was utterly inspired. So, I got a whole bunch of pictures from Prom, W.C. class, pictures of Sarah, Dad, and I. :) and the Play.
It surrounds my mirror (a birthday gift from Danielle) and I have more pictures to take and add! (I guess I need a good camera to do that...) *sigh*

I really love my room. I really love living how I live where I live. I'm comfortable and content. ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment