Debussy's Claire De Lune whisks me away to a land not of this one...
Today was wonderful, in the literal sense of the word. Full of Wonder.
As I was curling my hair for an 'As-simple-and-nice-as-I-can-do-this-really-fast' hairdo, I thought.
"You know? I remember when I was little thinking about what being 16 was going to be like... I wanted it to be like this; Seeing a movie with friends and then hanging out and giggling about anonymous things... Simplistic Joy." I finished my liquid eyeliner- and actually did it right for once- and smiled at myself in the mirror.
Who had I grown into as a person? Katherine? No. Too formal and grown up. Taylor? No. That was my granddad's name for me and he had been gone since long ago. Katie Pete? Lord No. I am no longer small wearing Whinnie the poo sweaters. PeeWee? No. That was an insecure little bird who had chronic nights of crying itself to sleep.
I am Katie Wright. The teenager who lives in a small town and enjoys the small things. Little things make me happy. Having a little old lady tell me not to waste things, Listening to silly stories from silly friends, Enjoying the perfectly colored cloudless sky while laying on my back on a merry-go-round.
We saw the movie. It was just as good as the first time, but maybe a tad bit better catching the subtle nuances. Josh with his "Oohs" and "Aahs" and some "OHmyGOSHes" thrown in there made me giggle during parts of the movie that didn't deserve a giggle. Running to the bathroom with Emily to joke about public bathrooms and the lack of using soap in a non-public place. We even took an afterwards picture of us each being an avenger. I was Iron Man. Cause... Yeah. I'm a genius rich playboy. :)
We drove a short distance to the park as I navigated in the front seat. We arrived at the small park near my house and we got on the swings, went down slides, took pictures, felt like children. Being 16 comes with odd feelings. The wonderment of fulfilling childhood fantasies. The exhaustion of always being tired, but dreaming dreams that I once had as a small person... Where has the time gone? It has slipped through my fingers.
We went to Taco Bell and ate Tacos. When I walked in the door. Bingo. Jacob. That guy from a while ago that practically fell on top of me and flirted with em the entire time... Yeaaaaah. As Emily and I ordered, she finished with, "And.... 2 hugs from you! *smile*" I blushed. Why did she say that? Was he attractive? Yusss.... Was I insecure? By mere existence. So, I said, "I don't need a hug, that's okay." He asked with a smirk, "Are you sure you don't want one? Sure?" I nodded and got out of the way. Dani giggled and asked me what that was about. Emily continued to giggle. Lexi made some kind of adorable sweet mothering tone while asking what that was about. Tony stood, as it seemed, on the sidelines being calm. Why was I getting up in arms about some kind of flirtatious THING? I don't know. Maybe I wasn't cut out for random stranger flirting.
*I sigh* and also rant...
All in all, I had an amazing evening filled with friends that I hadn't seen in weeks and giggles about inside jokes I had forgotten.
Ah. Now, off to see the Avengers in 3D. :) Yup.


No comments:
Post a Comment