I had a long evening with my Dad and Sister last night. We went downtown with the HD video camera and the Zoom H2 mic and the puppet and shot some really fun clips. I got to control the video camera and the shots. It was quite fun! It wasn't necessarily a typical evenin', but the Wright Family doesn't have many of those. After spending about 4 hours downtown, my feet hurt by the end of it (note to self: chuck taylors are NOT good for arches.)
We drove home (3 blocks) and got money for Taco Bell. We unloaded our equipment from the day and I bolted upstairs, clunking my chuck-ed feet through the wooden floored hallway to my room to grab my wallet. We were off.
I got into the driver's seat, jammed the key into the ignition, turned the knob for the lights, clicked my buckle in, turned on the car while my foot pushed down on the break, and I drove off into the night. It seemed so other worldly to be driving at night with throbbing feet and a aching stomach that I just zoned out, keeping my hands ever present at the 10 and 2 positions.
We reached Taco Bell as I parked in a parking space at a 45 degree angle... *sigh* I'm still learning.
We walked in as I jingled my Dad's keys around my thumb.
Then I turned around far too quick and BAM! I was on the ground in a heap of really nice smelling17 year old guy. Awkward. He stood up quickly and offered a hand for me to get up. I took it and felt lighter than air. My Dad and Sister stared which made it more awkward. But I smiled and said, "I'm sorry. I should have been more careful!" He laughed and said, "I shouldn't've come up behind you so quickly, I guess I kind of seemed like a creeper *laugh*"
Oh my word. He's Handsome. Geez Louise he has a GREAT smile...
He walked behind the counter and took our order. I avoided his eyes. My Dad took a while to order so at a moment of complete silence, I stepped forward and ordered. As I talked, it was if he was peering into my soul with really the most pretty eyes that were enhanced by perfectly darkened eyebrows.
ELECTRIC CURRENT.
I stared into his eyes as my Dad finally ordered. Every button he pressed he'd look up at my eyes as if to see if I was still looking. I assure you. I was.
When we were done ordering, he gave us an online survey to take and to mention his name: Jacob. I've always detested that name. My Dad made a joke that he'd tell the survey people that, "Jacob needs a raise and that we wish him luck with eating the brains of his enemies."
I saw that smile again. Wow.
We walked out the door with our food and as I got into the car, my Dad sighed, "Man! I forgot the napkins... But i'm already in here, I'm not getting up to get them."
I literally ran inside , sliding my chucks across the floor at the sharp turn inside the door. I trotted over to the counter and grabbed a handful of napkins. I overheard Jacob behind the counter telling a coworker, "That's her *points to me* Isn't she cute?"
Aw.
I looked over at him one last time before I would finally drive away. "Thanks Guys! Bye!" *I said with a smile* He waved and looked right at me. INTO. MY. EYES. Holy bageezus. So much current...
I walked out the door and into the car and smiled the whole way home.
Am I the ONLY one who has those amazing reassuring moments in life? I sure hope not. You're guys' lives would be pretty boring. I should go to the tillotson Taco Bell more often... *wink*
Being a teenager isn't all that bad. Just sayin'. It could be a whole lot worse.



This is great Katie! I love moments like that... :)
ReplyDeleteTressia
p.s. It was good seeing you last night!